Friday, October 14, 2011

My Bitcoin Story

This is my new Bitcoin blog. I am a software developer and an investor. I come from Europe, have more than 10 years of software development and 5 years investing/trading experience. Primarily I trade gold, silver and oil futures options, EURUSD currency pair (mostly FX options). Sometimes I trade S&P 500 futures too. I also have long term investments in quality stocks, with strong business behind them. And yes, some physical gold and silver.

My BitCoin story
About 6 months ago a good friend of mine sent me a bitcoin.org link. I opened the page, read a few sentances and closed it. A month later he told me that he had just bought a few coins. At that moment I became more interested, opened bitcoin.org again and started reading. A few hours later I was totally into it. I deposited 100 euros to Mt Gox exchange and bought my first digital coins at 3 or 4 USD per coin, I don't remember the exact price. The price started to skyrocket then and I didn't want to buy anymore at such high prices, so I decided to invest some money in mining. I ordered two 6990 Radeon graphic cards and started generating coins. It turned out to be a great decision. If I spent 1500 euros and bought Bitcoins at 20-30 USD I would be deep under water now. Instead I have my machine in the basement, generating 1 BTC/day and I can still sell the equipment for at least 800 euros.

About my blog
Sometimes I go to Bitcoin forum and read what people have to say. A lot of people there know how Bitcoin network works, but it is amazing that majority of them have no clue about economics, politics... I think I can contribute some of my economic knowledge to the Bitcoin community. I will publish my thoughts on the Bitcoin future, Bitcoin economy developments, current prices, I will write about events in world's economy and what it means for Bitcoin economy.

I hope you will like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment